RUGBY WIND TURBINE SURVEYING SERVICESRugby, North Dakota
Date: 2008 – 2009
Client: Wanzek Construction
- Wetland Staking
- Control for Construction Staking
- Centerline and Offsets for Road Construction
- Turbine Location and Offset Staking
- As-Built Survey
Surveying ServicesThe project consisted of six surveying categories as listed below:
- Wetland Staking – Lath were placed in wetland locations as provided by the delineators to guide the contractor away from the preserved locations.
- Establishment of Control for Construction Staking – RTK GPS receivers were used to establish a tight control network over the area in which the 73 wind turbines were to be constructed. Durable monuments were strategically placed throughout the site to serve as base stations for construction staking.
- Centerline and Offsets for Road Construction – With survey control in place, centerline and offset stakes were placed for road construction at 100-foot stations and at the direction of the contractor.
- Turbine Location and Offset Staking – Stakes were accurately placed along with offsets as requested by construction crews, then double-checked from redundant locations as a quality control measure.
- As-Built Survey – As-built locations for towers, roads, and collection systems were measured with GPS, then drawn in GIS format.