If you work in GIS or Engineering, by now you’ve heard of and probably used the USDA’s NAIP Imagery. Did you know you can add USDA’s NAIP mosaics directly into ArcGIS?
From the USDA site: “For each state, the most recent year of NAIP Imagery DOQQs is available on an ArcGIS server. The state based services can be added into ArcGIS Desktop by adding http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/services Please note: This link will not work unless you are using ESRI’s ArcGIS application. This link is for customers who can consume Web Mapping Services (WMS) only.”
To Add it in ArcMap:
- Open ArcCatalog inside ArcMap
- Scroll down until you see GIS Servers folder
- Double Click “Add a GIS Server”
- Choose “Use GIS Services”
- Paste in the http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/services
- Leave Authentication blank
- Drag your chosen mosaic into your map.