The Update - A Monthly Newsletter on Regulatory Compliance
NOVEMBER 2017

In This Issue

USEPA Administrator Pruitt Issues Directive to End "Sue & Settle"MPCA to Hold Impaired Waters List Public Meetings in NovemberUSEPA Appoints New Region 8 Administrator

Other Resources

Home Past Articles AE2S.com
Subscribe

Share This

MPCA to Hold Impaired Waters List Public Meetings in November

The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) will hold four public meetings in November regarding the draft 2018 impaired waters list, including the delistings and impairments proposed. Those who are interested may attend in person or participate live online by following the WebEx links below.

Northwest MN: Weds. Nov. 8, 1 p.m.
Location: Detroit Lakes MPCA, 714 Lake Ave., Suite 220, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

Join the online meeting: Go to www.webex.com. Click "Join" and enter the information below. 

  • For the audio, call 1-844-302-0362.
  • Meeting number (access code): 595 413 708.
  • Meeting password: gM3fdUuD.

Northeast MN: Thurs. Nov. 9, 9:30 a.m.
Locations:

Blandin Foundation, 100 North Pokegama Ave., Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Vermilion Community College – Fine Arts Building Room 105, 1900 E. Camp St. Ely, MN 55731

Oveson’s Pelican Lake Resort – Board Room, 4675 U.S. Hwy 53, Orr, MN 55771

Join the online meeting: Go to www.webex.com. Click "Join" and enter the information below. 

  • For the audio, call 1-844-302-0362.
  • Meeting number (access code): 597 969 123
  • Meeting password: Peexuwj3

South/Southeast MN: Mon. Nov. 13, 9 a.m.
Locations:

St. Paul MPCA, 520 Lafayette Rd N, St. Paul, MN 55155

Mankato MPCA, 12 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 2165, Mankato, MN 56001

Rochester MPCA, 18 Wood Lake Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904

Join the online meeting: Go to www.webex.com. Click "Join" and enter the information below.

  • For the audio, call 1-844-302-0362.
  • Meeting number (access code): 593 727 584
  • Meeting password: tKPJGRX4

Southwest MN: Thurs. Nov. 16, 1 p.m.
Location: Marshall MPCA, 504 Fairgrounds Rd, Suite 200 Marshall, MN 56258

Join the online meeting: Go to www.webex.com.Click "Join" and enter the information below.

  • For the audio, call 1-844-302-0362.
  • Meeting number (access code): 598 821 807
  • Meeting password: 3tGPRbkH

Interested parties may comment on Minnesota’s draft 2018 impaired waters list later this year. Sign up for updates on the MPCA’s impaired waters page.  All comments received during that period, and agency responses, will be forwarded to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), along with the proposed list and accompanying documentation, for its review and approval.

MPCA says the number of impaired Minnesota waters on the draft 2018 impaired waters list totals 5,101 impairments, with 618 new listings, covering a total of 2,669 water bodies across the State (many water bodies are impaired by several pollutants). Minnesota is detecting more waters in trouble because of its 10-year plan to study all 80 major watersheds in the State, which is funded by the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment. The MPCA has started the study in all but a few watersheds. However, MPCA says although scientists are finding more impairments, the overall percentage of impaired waters in Minnesota remains at 40 percent. The other 60 percent are in good condition but need protective strategies to stay healthy.

Email miranda.nichols@state.mn.us to request additional information about any of the public meetings scheduled this month.